Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gaby's rash!

I've been so worried about a weird rash that appeared on Gaby's skin late Saturday afternoon...
It all started with a horrible diaper rash..my poor girl literally had blisters that were bleeding...he diaper area was on fire! wow! I made some home remedies with corn starch and the rash seemed to get better...
When that was under control, her legs, arms, back and face flared up with another weird rash..
I took her in to see her doctor today and he thought she had "Scabies"... I was shocked when he said this and VERY disappointed to say the least...
He also said, it could be an allergic reaction or some kind of virus...hopefully it's one of the last two...
I applied a special medicated cream that he prescribed and gave her some Benadryl as he suggested...
Hopefully she'll feel better soon and the rash will go away...
On the bright side, Gaby is now 20 lbs and 30 in long! yay!


6 comments:

I Just Love You said...

what kind of diapers are you using?

Stories of a Happy Mom said...

We use Hugggies Naturals, but according to the doctor that isn't the issue. He said her diaper rash was due to excess heat, which makes total sense since we live in a 100+ degree weather!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! I hope the rash clears up soon...poor girl :(

Amoruccio said...

I hope she gets well soon.

Hurdles of Life said...

poor thing! does it seem to be bothering her? our little girl ended up with a chapped butt cheeks (and she is potty trained), I've been using Bordeaux's (sp?) Butt Paste (yes that is the name of it) twice a day (morning and bedtime) and I have the daycare apply it twice a day as well. It seems to be getting better.. but (no pun intended) it was seriously like chapped lips -- peeling skin and all! OUCH!!

BrookesMommy said...

Brooke had the diaper rash due to heat, too, back in June. Our pediatrician said if you pull out the inside elastic around their legs when they're going to be outside in the heat, it helps prevent this & the diaper still works. We tried it with B and it works like a charm!

I hope the other rash feels better soon!!